The Clayton County DUI Court program is NOT a diversion program. It is a sentencing enhancement. Participants do not have their conviction erased.
Participants are sentenced to the DUI Court program in addition to other standard sentencing, which may include jail time, community service, fines and driver’s license suspension. The DUI Court program lasts a minimum of 12 months.
- 17+ years of age
- 2nd DUI in last 5 years, or
- 3rd or more in lifetime DUI conviction
- Clayton County resident at time of sentencing
- Prior violent felony or sexual felony offense conviction(s)
- Co-occurring serious mental illness